Sunday 11 February 2024

Morning Forgiveness (After the Storm)

I was awake, showered, dressed and ready for school long before my alarm normally went off. My guilty conscience had kept me tossing and turning most of the night. Frustrated, I decided I would head to school early and confess my farther misdeeds rather than wait till lunch.

 

The sun was barely rising as I waited for the city bus. I knew Miss always came in early to grade papers so there was no chance on her not being there. It was a good hour and a half before school started when I dumped my school bag into my locker. Robotically, I found myself heading towards Miss’s office where I sat and waited.

 

I could see Miss’s worried expression as she entered the school, to see me sitting outside her door. This wasn’t the first time she had found me there so early in the morning. As I stated before my home life wasn’t the greatest and I often sat outside her office as she marked doing my own school work. I noticed that Miss quickened her pace, I knew she was worried.

 

“Sunshine, what’s happened? What are your parents doing now,” Miss questioned?

 

“Nothing, Ma’am,” I replied picking my nails.

 

“Then, why are you sitting there?”

 

“I made a stupid choice yesterday,” I quickly confessed.

 

“What stupid choice?”

 

“I didn’t go back to class like you said. I didn’t apologize like you said.”

 

“Sunshine?”

 

“Please don’t ground me longer. It was stupid. It was a mistake,” I rushed out begging for forgiveness.

 

“I want to know why Sunshine,” Miss crossed her arms taping her foot?

 

“I was mad?”

 

“Mad?”

 

“Well, not really mad more, sulky.”

 

“Sulky?”

 

“I can’t explain it. I went straight home and spent the night in my room. I think I was just sulking at first and then I felt guilty and disrespectful. I finished my extra homework for Science,” I stated.

 

“All of it?”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“I think it’s time to move this discussion into the recording studio.”

 

“Are you gonna spank me again,” I asked already knowing the answer?

 

My question was answered by Miss turning and walking away. I knew I was to follow, answers like that always belonged in our room. It didn’t take us long to find our way into my punishment room. Miss placed herself on the spanking chair. I had to force myself to find my place beside her after all it wasn’t even 24 hours since I was last spanked. I was sore and wishing I made a different decision.

 

“Over!”

 

The question was answered. I was expected to obey, no matter how sore I was from the day before. I found the familiar place I belonged. Miss’s hand once again painted my bottom red. The spanking was short, firm and clothed but Miss still had a sobbing little girl kneeling in front of her by the end.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t submit to you.”

 

“Sunshine?”

 

“I’ll submit next time I promise.”

 

“Sunshine, you know I don’t expect you to be perfect?”

 

“I know.”

 

“All I expect you to do is try and be honest with me when you fail.”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“I can’t help guide you if you aren’t honest with me, right?”

 

“Right.”

 

“So, you’ve done wrong, we’ve dealt with it, and now we are going to let it go and move on, right?”

 

“Right.”

 

“It doesn’t need to be brought up again unless you do the same wrong thing again, right?”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“So, we are going to try this again! You are still grounded and you still owe your science teacher an apology,” Miss reiterated.

 

“I understand, Miss.”

 

“If you don’t apologize it will be a hairbrush. Understand me?”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

“And I want you to report back here before rehearsal tonight so I can make sure you followed through.”

 

“I will, Miss.”

 

“Good girl. Now I want you to go wash your face and meet me at my office with your science work. I want to see that it’s properly completed.”

 

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

Looking in the bathroom mirror I saw a broken girl being mended. I was worth something in Miss’s eyes and that was a reason to fight.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment