Sunday 17 December 2023

Bedtime Is Bedtime



Curled up in my bed with all the lights off in the house. I was so busy checking my Twitter feed on my phone I didn't notice that Mama had entered the bedroom. She was leaning over me before I looked up and realized I was in so much trouble.



"I'll take that!"


"How was work, Mama?"


"What part of bedtime is bedtime are you not understanding?"


"I am in bed."


"Okay, let me rephrase that question. What part of no computer, no iPod, and NO phone in bed do you not understand?"


"I won't do it again."


"We've talked about this before, haven't we?"


"Yes, Ma'am."


"What were you told?"


"That I'd be in trouble."


"What kind of trouble?"


"Big trouble."


"Sunshine?!"

"You said you'd spank me."

"How many times have we talked about this?"

"Too many."

"Out of that bed right now."

"Mama, no!"

"You are getting a spanking. One!"

"Okay, Mama," I said rolling my eyes.


"Watch your tone."

"I wasn't trying to have a tone."

"Over my knee!"


Obediently, I climbed over Mama's knee yet again. It was very true that we had this conversation over and over but this was the first time it was ending in a spanking. Mama always tried talking first. It was also true that the last time I was caught in bed with an electronic device Mama had promised me a spanking. Lastly, it was very true that I knew this when I climbed into bed with my phone that evening. I just didn't think I was going to get caught. I guess I was really wrong on a number of things that night.


Mama's firm hand connected with my bare bottom causing me to remember where I was. Spank after spank landed over and over again until my bottom was blazing. My apologies and my, ‘I'll never do it again,’ fell on very deaf ears. I was to receive every second of my 5-minute hand spanking; whether I did it with dignity was up to me. It wasn't long before Mama had a crying Little Girl on her hands. Finally, I was allowed to kneel in front of my disciplinarian feeling like I was six again.


"Now Little Girl. Get back into that bed."


"Yes, Mama."


"You're grounded until further notice."


"Yes, Ma'am."


Crying, sore, and bare-bottomed I stood and climbed into bed. Looking up at Mama, I couldn't help but feel both guilty and relieved that I was properly punished for my poor behaviour. Mama kissed my forehead as she always did after punishment.


"Good night, my now good girl."


"Good night, Mama."

I was again left alone in my darkroom to think about the good behaviour Mama always rewarded me for and what I needed to do to earn that reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment